The Peace Institute was founded to respond to the need for accurate information about diverse groups and interfaith awareness after the tragedies of 9/11, and works to promote understanding and acceptance amongst people of all faiths and backgrounds.
Currently, the Institute focuses on bringing awareness about the social issues that face the general community.
To facilitate and coordinate outreach efforts in the community by promoting understanding and acceptance among people of all faiths and all ethnicities.
With that in mind, we believe that education builds acceptance and understanding. The Peace Institute continues to bring people for dialogue and peace by providing accurate information about diverse topics, developing a platform for critical thinking and promoting community engagement through service.
THE CENTER FOR PEACE
The Center for Peace is the dedicated exhibit space for visitors of all backgrounds to explore the diversity that exists in the community.
- Sponsoring educational and inspirational lectures
- Inviting leaders of all faiths to promote dialogue and conduct seminars and workshops
- Providing educational seminars and materials to educational institutions
- Educational Film Series against prejudice and stereotyping
- Providing visits to schools, churches, community leaders, etc.
- Visits to the Center for Peace for presentations and displays on Islam its contributions
- Building relations with people of other Abrahamic faiths, and others
- Educating law enforcement officers on diversity issues
- Uniting diverse communities through learning seminars and workshops
- Emphasizing minority issues
- Celebrating different minorities-African American Heritage, Women's Rights, Minority Rights in Society, etc.
- Cultural Diversity Training
- Tours of the Mosque
- Center for Peace Meeting Room Rental